Monday 2 November 2015

Magazine advert (1st Draft)

This is my first draft for a magazine advert for my final product. Overall, I feel this is a good first draft. However, there are multiple factors I would like to change and add before reaching the final product. Some of the strong features include the red tone given to the image and how this links with the lyrics of the song I have chosen to use for my music video. By contrast, some areas I would like to improve are the font colour and style. I feel it looks weak and does not stand out the way I intended it would. Another point is that the social media icons look amateurish and need to be tidied up around the edges. I will look to improve these areas before submitting my final edit. I reflected at this stage on the title of my band. It is not good practice to keep the original name of the band. I decided upon 'Time will Tell' to replace U2. The thinking here is that U2 as a band have been around for five decades. They have truly stood the test of time - formed in 1976 and still around in 2016. Hence I came up with the original name 'Time will Tell' - it certainly has with U2. I am also going to name the album 'Slow Plan'. This is to reflect the softer indie sound of 'With or without You' which was not characteristic of one of the world's biggest rock bands of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment